Thursday, November 17, 2011

Revision of CATW exam, Practice 3

If you ever felt depressed or you wanted to get excited before your big game then you know that music will always put you in the place you want to be. Adapted from “How and why is music a good tool for health?” by Elizabeth Scott this article states that “research has shown that music has a profound effect on your body and mind. I fill that I’m not the only person who would strongly agree with the point “music can bring lasting effects to your body and mind”.
        I seen on TV that music therapy can help bring down high blood pressure, and known to help with sleeping disorders. Although it wasn’t said that music therapy can cure diseases but it is known to help with other problems with the body. Music therapy helps the healing process of the body and for some patients it helps improve their way of life. Although music therapy can not cure cancer but it is known to help reduce pain.
My grandma servers from a numerous amount of problems with her body. So she’s often in pain. Whenever my family and I go to visit her I notice that her tape player is always near her.  Besides when her family is with her I believe the happiest she is, is when she is listening to her music.  After reading this article “How and why is music a good tool for health?”  it only has me wondering is the reason why my grandmother is at her happiest only when she is listen to her music only because her body is in less pain? It could be the music is unconsciously aiding the healing of her body.
Music would always put you in the right state of mind there is a song for almost every situation. Soon music will be the new therapy. Music has many benefits besides listing to your favorite song. From help cancer patients, children with attention disorder and can even bring you out of depression it can also keep your anxiety down.

No comments:

Post a Comment