Monday, November 14, 2011

CATW PRACTICE 3

If you ever felt depressed or you wanted to get excited before your big game then you know that music will always put you in the place you want to be. Adapted from “How and why is music a good tool for health?” by Elizabeth Scott this article states that “research has shown that music has a profound effect on your body and mind. I fill that I’m not the only person who would strongly agree with the point “music can bring lasting effects to your body and mind”.
            March 5th of 2011 I was shot in my neck coming from a friends sweet 16th birthday party. this was just days away from starting my second semester of college .I was rushed to the trauma clinic at Jacobi hospital was lucky enough to still be alive, and in was told by almost every doctor that I seen that not everybody lives off a shot to the neck like I did. I just couldn’t stop replaying that night and what happened to me in my head. This made it hard for me to sleep. Even with my family and friends by my side I couldn’t help being scared and depressed. I was never told by my doctors about music therapy but when I was released from the hospital all I wanted to do was shut out the world and music helped me do this. My music is probably the only reason why I’m not stressed out and fill sad. Music is what brought me out of my depression and kept me with a positive state of mind.
            I am a manager at a small company at Yankee stadium. One of my main jobs there is to make cotton candy. It takes a few hours for me to make cotton candy since I’m making it for the whole stadium so I’m allowed to listen to my iPod while I’m doing so. I have a specific playlist which only contains fast song. This is because I notice the faster and exciting the song is the faster I finish the bored of cotton candy. Before I knew this I would always ask myself how come I finish some boards of cotton candy faster than others. Until it hit me the faster the song the more concentrated I was the slower the song the more mellow and calm I would be.
                        Music would always put you in the right state of mind there is a song for almost every situation. Soon music will be the new therapy. Music has many benefits besides listing to your favorite song. From help cancer patients, children with attention disorder and can even bring you out of depression it can also keep your anxiety down.

No comments:

Post a Comment