Monday, December 12, 2011

FINAL BLOG


            Using blogs instead of journals can only benefit a person depending on who that person is. Some people may think putting their writing on a blogger site is embarrassing to know that there are other people reading and judging what you are publishing.  Then there are other people who look at putting their writing online for everybody to read as an opportunity to get better at writing. I put myself in this category this is the type of person I am. Putting my blogs online instead of in a journal is a good way for me to get feedback on what I’m writing about.
As for writing in my journal the only way someone will actually look at my writing and tell me weather I should or shouldn’t do something is when I take it to someone to read and put their two senses in. I noticed from when I first started my blogs till now there is a major difference in the way I write. This is mostly because I learn from each essay or blog I do. Also I learn off of the feedback my classmates and other people give to me online. This semester if you actually read my blogs you will be able to see with each blog that I complete my writing approve a little more. What also was a big help with the improvement of my writing skills was being able to read other peoples writings online. Being able to read other people’s blogs helped me see how they would build an essay and the skills and tactics they would use paved away for me and my essay.

I always felt that I was a strong writer who had the write ideas and knew how to come at an essay the write way. With that being said if I’m a strong writer I also know what I’m weak at. One of the issues I have the most when I write is spelling. My spelling is alright but it’s not where I want it to be. With me knowing this you would think I would carry a dictionary with me to school every day but I don’t. This is something that I notice when I receive my papers back from my professors. There are always little spelling corrections on my papers.          
What I learned this semester is how to make a good introduction and how to develop my body paragraphs more. My intro I learned how to draw the attention of my reader, how to find the main idea and how to make everything connect. My body paragraphs were always good but there was still room for improvement. I learn how to add more important details’ and how to take the unimportant things out. These are all tools that I will hope to bring with me to eng 101 next semesters.

No comments:

Post a Comment